Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oh but it's cold outside....

Greetings, Dear Readers, from snowy and cold New England! Seriously, it's around -13°C (or 9°F) at school right now, making it extremely difficult to be fashionable and warm at the same time.  I am wearing a scarf indoors for non-fashion purposes. Oh the horror!

The semester has started, and as such, it's going to be fewer DIY projects for the next couple of months, and more book reviews. I'm still trying to make my way through a couple of books for fun, but more likely than not, I'll end up reviewing my assigned readings for my classes. Admittedly, I'm taking Western Feminist Thought and Philosophy 101, which means that texts should be fairly interesting. (I'm also working on my two theses, which means that I'll hopefully write about some of my research as well.) If I get truly pressed for time, I might post one or two of the essays I wrote last semester. I'm especially fond of my essay about The Sandman series for my History of the Graphic Novel class. (To be honest, I'm mostly fond of it because I got an A+ on it... I was so exhausted and burnt out when I wrote it, that I don't entirely remember what it was about....)

I got my Xena corset in, so I plan on swinging by Joann's to pick up a matching pleather and some grommets so I can start making the skirt. I think the armor will be papier-maché, I'll keep you all updated.

Love,
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment