Here were some of the highlights of my year:
- Studying abroad, in Paris, France. France is an amazing and beautiful country, and I'm so glad that I studied abroad for a semester. Yes, it was incredibly lonely at times, and yes, the times I was happiest were when I was with my close friends or family, but it was absolutely worth it. I got to travel (see list below), see museums and works thousands of years old, eat good food, wear cute clothing, and even tried a new sport! My French improved exponentially, and I miss being able to speak French every day!
- France: Avignon, the Camargue, various parts of the Loire Valley, Marie-de-la-Mer, Paris, and Provence (to name a few)
- England: London
- Italy: Rome (never again), Vatican City (yes, I know V.C. is it's own country, I'm just being lazy)
- Germany: Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Stuttgart
- Poland: Krakow, Krosno (to visit my grandmother, aunt, and cousins,) and Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Turning 21
- Managing a four-class plus thesis/necessary research course load, in addition to a job, studying for the LSATs, being an active member of my school's IGC as a rep for my sorority, being a member of my sorority, leadership role on my rugby team, and maintaining the barest semblance of a social life (ha! I'm surprised my friends still recognized me by the end of the semester, I was so rarely around), all to get all "A's" for this semester.
- Starting a blog and actually keeping with it.
- Taking the LSAT twice. It was not fun, not in the least, but it was certainly a big aspect of my year.
So with all that under my belt for 2013, it's time to make some resolutions for 2014. I have quite a few, so I'm going to categorize them by "subject."
Academic New Years Goals
- Finish my law school apps and get into a great law school
- Finish both of my theses this upcoming semester with plenty of time to spare and get "A's" on them both.
- Graduate with honours.
- Go to law school.
Arts and Craft/Costuming Goals
- Finish my Black Swan costume
- Make my steampunk jacket/costume
- Turn my lace dress into shirt/skirt separates
- Figure out how to use my sewing machine without it jamming.
- Make an underbust corset with steel boning.
- Always find ways to be creative with things
- Make a circle skirt
- Find leopard-print accessories and a skirt
- Find cute low high heels with a thick heel. Something like a ballroom dance shoe, perhaps
- Wear more skirts
- Find colourful high-rise jeans. I love my red ones, but they're so low-rise that they keep falling off my body and are a rather unflattering cut
- Find cute ankle boots
- Find some kick-*** black knee-high boots that aren't high heels. Or motorcycle boots. Or both.
- Wear more hats, whether they're fedoras, derbies, or floppy '70s style hats.
- Expand my wardrobe to fit my tastes and style
- Get rid of my old tshirts that I don't wear
- Keep exercising/stay in shape
- Figure out how to get my sorority nationally recognized
- Be more organized
- Work on my time-management skills
- Remember to take a breath and relax once in a while
- Grow a plant; not kill it within the first month and a half
- Continue reading for fun
- BE EXTRAORDINARY.
Happy New Years, Readers! I hope that 2014 brings great things to you.