Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dress Inspiration

Hello, my lovelies.

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. The past few days of work have been unbelievably busy! That being said, I've been clicking on Gail Carriger's Retro Fashion Blog and saw this beautiful dress.


Marchessa, SS 2013

Isn't it gorgeous?! I want. So much want. I love the plain white against the gold detailing. In fact, I was so inspired by this dress that I've designed one similar for myself. I have this pretty purple fabric that I've been keeping for ages, and I finally found a use for it! Once I conquer  figure out my sewing machine, I'll draft a pattern and sew it. Here's my idea for the dress below...


It's not a very good picture, but here's the general idea for it:
-Turn the purple fabric into a maxi-length dress with a front side split.
- Gold rope collar. The alternative is to use a gold chain.
- Gold belt, with detailing similar to the Marchessa dress above.

What do you think?

Love,
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment