Monday, December 30, 2013

A Year in Review and New Years Resolutions

Dear Readers, it has been quite the year. And to be honest, I'm quite glad that it's over and done with, because I am worn down. Exhausted, mentally and physically after 2013. I spent four months living in another country (France!), took the LSAT twice, and had to deal with the most hellishly complicated and strenuous semester I've ever had.

Here were some of the highlights of my year:

  • Studying abroad, in Paris, France. France is an amazing and beautiful country, and I'm so glad that I studied abroad for a semester. Yes, it was incredibly lonely at times, and yes, the times I was happiest were when I was with my close friends or family, but it was absolutely worth it. I got to travel (see list below), see museums and works thousands of years old, eat good food, wear cute clothing, and even tried a new sport! My French improved exponentially, and I miss being able to speak French every day! 
    • France: Avignon, the Camargue, various parts of the Loire Valley, Marie-de-la-Mer, Paris, and Provence (to name a few)
    • England: London
    • Italy: Rome (never again), Vatican City (yes, I know V.C. is it's own country, I'm just being lazy)
    • Germany: Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Stuttgart
    • Poland: Krakow, Krosno (to visit my grandmother, aunt, and cousins,) and Auschwitz-Birkenau
  • Turning 21
  • Managing a four-class plus thesis/necessary research course load, in addition to a job, studying for the LSATs, being an active member of my school's IGC as a rep for my sorority, being a member of my sorority, leadership role on my rugby team, and maintaining the barest semblance of a social life (ha! I'm surprised my friends still recognized me by the end of the semester, I was so rarely around), all to get all "A's" for this semester.
  • Starting a blog and actually keeping with it.
  • Taking the LSAT twice. It was not fun, not in the least, but it was certainly a big aspect of my year.
So with all that under my belt for 2013, it's time to make some resolutions for 2014. I have quite a few, so I'm going to categorize them by "subject."

Academic New Years Goals
  • Finish my law school apps and get into a great law school
  • Finish both of my theses this upcoming semester with plenty of time to spare and get "A's" on them both.
  • Graduate with honours.
  • Go to law school.
Arts and Craft/Costuming Goals
  • Finish my Black Swan costume
  • Make my steampunk jacket/costume
  • Turn my lace dress into shirt/skirt separates
  • Figure out how to use my sewing machine without it jamming.
  • Make an underbust corset with steel boning.
  • Always find ways to be creative with things
  • Make a circle skirt
Fashion Goals
  • Find leopard-print accessories and a skirt
  • Find cute low high heels with a thick heel. Something like a ballroom dance shoe, perhaps
  • Wear more skirts
  • Find colourful high-rise jeans. I love my red ones, but they're so low-rise that they keep falling off my body and are a rather unflattering cut
  • Find cute ankle boots
  • Find some kick-*** black knee-high boots that aren't high heels. Or motorcycle boots. Or both.
  • Wear more hats, whether they're fedoras, derbies, or floppy '70s style hats. 
  • Expand my wardrobe to fit my tastes and style
  • Get rid of my old tshirts that I don't wear
Personal Goals
  • Keep exercising/stay in shape
  • Figure out how to get my sorority nationally recognized
  • Be more organized
  • Work on my time-management skills
  • Remember to take a breath and relax once in a while
  • Grow a plant; not kill it within the first month and a half
  • Continue reading for fun
  • BE EXTRAORDINARY.
Happy New Years, Readers! I hope that 2014 brings great things to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment