Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I want YOU

to help keep me accountable, dear readers.


Yes, this is a rather silly picture of me, but I thought the pose was fitting.

A few days ago, I decided to make some changes in my life. I'm going to eat healthier, and exercise.

I can hear you say, "yeah, yeah, Nicolette. Everyone says that. What makes you any different?"

Because I'm counting on you, dear readers, to keep me accountable. I'm holding myself accountable to myself, by keeping track of my workouts and to eat healthier, but I'm also asking you to hold me accountable. If I don't post once a week giving an update on exercise, or how I'm eating healthier ask me! I might have just forgotten to post, or I need to own up and confess that I've been slacking. Either way, your help is necessary. Please help me become a more active, healthier person!

Also, this website, right here, is what motivated me to get off my butt and start doing something! If you're like me, a huge nerd, and not too keen on exercise, NerdFitness is possibly the best place on the planet that can motivate you. Seriously. Steve Kamb, the founder of Nerd Fitness, is also a huge nerd, and has written hundred upon hundreds of useful articles on getting healthy, whether it's by sharing stories of fellow nerds who "leveled up" and became rockstars of awesome, or by teaching about the Paleo diet, or by creating workouts after our nerdy loves, like the Legend of Zelda Workout. Seriously, if you want to change how you live your life... go to this site. Maybe you're happy with your health and fitness levels. Or maybe, like me, and like 200,000+ other nerds, you're ready to take control of your life and want to level up.

That being said... here's what I've done in the past three days:
- I've walked my dog every day
- On Monday and Tuesday I went for brisk walks in the woods, to get my heart pumping and to slowly build up to running
- Today, after walking my dog, I did five minutes of body-weight squats, jump rope, and high-knees. I'm about to go and do two sets of 30-rep crunches.

I'm cutting out junkfood of my diet this week. Good-bye candy, ice cream, chips/crisps (depending on your location in the world), cake, and other delicious but unhealthy foods (except for special occasions). I did eat an oatmeal and cranberry cookie today... but that's it.

Remember, I can't do this alone, lovely readers! Keep me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment