Sunday, June 22, 2014

Back, alive, and with a project!

My dear lovely readers, I am so sorry for my extended absence. I fully intended to post far sooner than this. Unfortunately, school took precedence. However, I am now graduated, with every intent on going to law school this August. At that point, posts will most likely drop down again to an infrequent level. My sincere apologies in advance.

For now... I have a project! I decided to make a driftwood incense holder, inspired by the Free People Blog. See the original here.

I happened to have a piece of driftwood lying around my room, and decided to put it to good use!

Step one: 
Assemble necessary items.
- Driftwood
- Pencil (to trace lines on wood in pattern of your choosing)
- Paint (I chose a summery gold and turquoise)
- Paintbrush


At this point, I feel it necessary to add this warning: DO NOT PUT SPRAY PAINT IN A STYROFOAM CONTAINER. EVER. Just trust me on this one.

Step two:
Trace outline of pattern on wood with a pencil.


Step three:
Paint on outline


Step four:
Insert hole on opposite end of painted side of wood. No picture for this. You can do this either by drilling a hole at an angle, or by hammering a thin nail in at a 45 degree angle, and then removing said nail.

Step five:
Enjoy your new incense holder.



That's all I've got for now lovelies! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment