Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's in my purse, round 1

Hello, lovely people!

Since I've been extremely busy with work and summer assignments, I haven't had the time to draft my reviews of the Finishing School series or of Dune, which I finished. Fear not, I will begin drafting today, and have them up over the next few days. Maybe even by later tonight if I have the time.

For now, here is the contents of my purse. With my new dedication to fitness and health, I'm trying to de-clutter my life. I've already de-cluttered under my bed, and in one of my drawers. My purse was my latest project. It involved me switching from a sack-bag to a structured purse. By using a structured purse, I get the following results:

- There's less room for me to put unnecessary things into the purse.
- I look more professional (yay!)

So here is a picture of most of the contents of my purse:



- Lotion
- Glasses case
- Handheld mirror (that small red thing with the brown tail)
- Cough drops
- Back-up phone charger
- Wallet
- Flashdrive
- My favorite Rose Salve from C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries
- Pens
- A notebook, for, well, notes
- Whichever book I'm reading (Currently, Dante's Divine Comedy)
- Pain killers
- Emergency deodarant

Not pictured but in the purse:
- Mints
- Female necessaries
- Tissues
- Mints
- Keys
- Phone (used to take picture)

A lot of things, I know, but each of them necessary. And it's much easier to find in this purse, because everything has its place.

An update on the Exercise and Eating Healthy Streak

So far, so good. I'm doing the Nerd Fitness Angry Birds Workout Plan every Monday, Wendesday, and Friday. As of this morning, I've reached level 4 for squats, level 3 for pushups, level 4 for back exercises (I get to try pull-ups on Friday! Exciting!), and level 3 for planks. I do this workout as one big circuit, so I can be more efficient and get my workout done in a 30-45 minute chunk at the beginning of the day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I try to do some form of cardio, whether it's dancing crazily around the house for a bit, going on walks or hikes, or even doing some interval training. Saturday is a rest day, and Sunday is yoga day.

I've cut processed foods almost entirely out of my diet. I did have a slice of pineapple pie last night, but that's probably the only dessert I'll have all week. Besides, it was a long day at work yesterday, and the sweet pick-me-up was just what I needed. I try to eat grains with only one meal a day, and am upping my veggie intake. I try to have at least one vegetable with every meal. This morning for breakfast, the veggies were cherry tomatoes (or were they grape? I always get the two confused) and avocado. Yum!

Because of my lifestyle changes, I'm able to wake up earlier (I woke up at 6 today of my own volition!!), I feel better and more alert throughout the day, and I generally feel happier. I'm really enjoying this change in myself over the past two weeks, and will keep working at it. I plan on joining a kung-fu class when I move for law school, so I can add something new to my workouts, get strong, and be able to protect myself.

Well, lovely readers, that's all I have for now. I'll start working on those drafts as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment